Wednesday, January 28, 2009

blah blah blah date.

so dentist = death. I can't keep my jaw open for such extended periods....ladies I apologize on behalf of the straight demographic for semi-transparent reasons. No cavities so goodtimes with that but I have some ominous black spot that caused Dr. Montgumz to refer to a medical textbook....ughh, way to play it cool doc. I feel starved for a creative tangent...its been all books and bank as of late. My soul needs refreshment - and my body needs a beach.

The new AC album is pretty fresh. I finally tracked down the Panda Bear scream fest that I've been searching for since the show back in August. Did you see the photos? no? well I'll post them later....(6 months and a few days later.... ahh.) My girls plays out like a dream. the vid is pretty (and all osmosis jonezy):







On the retro list we've got Animals, the experimental groove fest that trips through about an hour of bliss (Two if you play it twice, which you should).





The 15 minute long ballad Dogs is more schizophrenic than a paranoid android and music just doesn't come in that tightly engineered package that '77 can boast about until the future generations do what we did to Bach. (NAME A SONG. NAME ONE.) Waters and Gilmour are gods. what else can we say? QUOTEQUOTEQUOTE

You know that I care what happens to you
And I know that you care for me
So I don’t feel alone
Of the weight of the stone
Now that I’ve found somewhere safe
To bury my bone
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing




and the solos? jesus. that flying pig among the stacks is your brain being polluted by the radio/video waves and Floyd? the blue sky opening up your salvation. awesome. fuck yeah.

final suggestion of the week?:

The Kills "Tape Song" sexy. dark. worthwhile. yes.


out.

No comments: