Monday, September 17, 2007

old photos, new work: the 7:52 collection

I came across a folder of photography I had taken one night while walking to a friends house in Meadowvale. For those of you who aren't familiar with the area, it's pure suburban sprawl with a ghetto mentality. I was shooting in early fall, just as the leaves had started to golden. The streetlights combined with the wet streets and bright leaves gave me some interesting scenes to work with.

I shot about 30 frames on a walk that usually takes me half an hour. I didn't have much of a theme in mind, but thats the way I prefer to work. Freeform expression is my thing.

Almost 2 years later I've come back and worked with the images. I started off desaturating and blasting them out with the channel mixer, then I slowly brought back a touch of colour. The results were actually pretty sweet, so here's a few of my favourite ones.....










SIDEBAR: you'll notice I added music to this bad boy.
The track is called dopetastic, and it was produced using my bare hands.
I plan to release a mixtape with my beats and the vocals of my co-collaborator Nate, a.k.a. illnotes. It will probably drop sometime after I get back from Amsterdam.

No comments: