Saturday, August 9, 2008

blaaaaargh





so yeah, i post rarely,
and now am losing my capacity to deliver proper grammar and (GASP!) even punctu-capitalization.

Lately I've been so focused on photography.

The consumer-pig inside of me drove my wallet into mac-land and now I'm gazing into all its glory. Like a shiny metal glowing piece of fascism telling me THIS IS NECESSARY BUY ME NOW. Too bad I already did, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That may be beside the point, then again, I started without one. I've recently discovered a new love though - aussi-germanic music. I mean I already had a love affair, but she was always fleeting and this one I feel shall remain. (at least until she grows tiresome, much in the way I should have listened to my friend Josh about the klaxxons who were cool until they started blasting from every scene-tards head piece.)

[[ oh and ps. that isn't offensive to anyone who's with it. and by it I mean that I am. and am means peanuts, which I am SO anaphylactic for. that is to say scene-tard translates vaguely to hipster/popwashed children of our future (?)]]

In particular I am slow to find the following

Asher Roth (HOLY FUCK JIMMY)

this kid kills it. hailing from one of those (POOR) states, he has quick tight vocals verging on the machine-gun-funk styles of Smalls, crossed with the sharp syllabic phonetics of Mr. Shady. AS GOOD OL DRAMA STATES, THIS KID IS CRAZY (go back to jail you pirate! - but don't really, keep delivering joints to my eardrum!). He has production collabs with everyone from TIMBO (who sucks now hahahahaha) to Mr. 3000. If you haven't heard him yet please do yourself a favour and listen to his remix of "A Millie"




DIGITALISM

KILLS IT. the end.



Riot In Belgium

Justice without the bleeding ears. Dash of Daft Punk to taste.


Tokyo Police Club (Elephant Shell)

Okay let's take a minute to remember their debut. Ahhhh mmm, yes gold wrapped in chocolate flakes, sprinkled with diamonds. Now we have this album, subdued, less screaming. Put short they grew up. WELL FUCK AAAAAWWWW MAAAAAAAAN how fucking boring is that. Songs about parent hood will never trump songs about gut-spilling robots. What WERE you thinking? Obviously CASHGRABCASHGRAB QUICK WE RAN OUT OF OUR YOUTH LETS GET OLD AND RICH ON A BEACH. Assholes. Well maybe it's not that bad, but it was better when I was under the buddha leaf standing in the rain. BLAAAAAHHH


Sorry, I get bored with reviews,

I'd think that It would be cool to write reviews sometimes, but then this happens. Oh and TANGENTS.

I think now I'll go play dated video games and buddha! buddha! buddha! mary's rocking every where!

wordlife.

No comments: