Tuesday, September 8, 2009

TIFF crazy


can I just point out the nonsensical syntax of the first board? What is our tiff. Is that meant to be a statement or a question?

____________________

Brian Rocafort, a Toronto-based film maker trumped the Toronto International Film festival when he ... stole their blog name? Tiff blog hah. He has crafted a following and a nice tour guide for the festival which can be seen here. If it was a set list, you'd be at a Pixies show.

Meanwhile the rest of the city is going tiff-crazy (even the religious crowd! see: above), and I am too poor and line-frustrated to pursue most, there are a few I want to see, namely:

The Most Dangerous Man inf America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers, by Judith Ehrlich and Rick Goldsmith



It just seems interesting, plus I'm always up for anti-Dick docs.

A Serious Man, Coen Bros



"The Rabbi is busy." Love it.

Daybreakers, by Michael and Perter Spierig.
Taking back the genre. Vampires not buffy-meets-potter style, but bad ass with Mr. Dafoe. Thank god. The darkness, the imagery...the fact that I haven't liked Ethan Hawke in anything since Before Sunrise. Nothing gets me more than a post-apocalyptic meets tragic reality flick. Yay!

The Road, by John Hillcoat.
I know it seems a bit pretentious, and maybe even too mainstream, but Viggo has yet to let me down, and the trailer is intense. I really wish I had read this book already, but maybe I'll just inverse it up.

No comments: